The Journey Begins

This blog is in no way intended to diagnose, treat or advise anyone dealing with Fibromyalgia or any other medical disorder/disease. Please consult medical professionals for that.

Now, with that out of the way, on to what this blog is about…my life as a Fibromite.

It’s been a long road to recovery, my journey with Fibromyalgia has, and it is far from over. I was diagnosed in 2011. I have cursed Fibromyalgia many times throughout the years. I miss having a body that I could make do whatever I wanted at a moments notice, that could drop weight rapidly with barely any changes. I miss sleeping like the dead every night and waking up energized, clear-headed, ready to go again, running on steam. But, along the way, something surprising happened.

I found how grateful I am for what Fibromyalgia has given me as well. 

Is that to say I love being sick? Absolutely not! But I have learned to love (and recognize) so much about myself, my habits, at how interconnected my body, mind and soul (Spirit) are. How old wounds were internalized and in need of healing. How, though I once almost believed the people who think having Fibromyalgia means you’re weak, I have learned just how much strength it takes to live with this day in and day out. In telling my story, at the very least, maybe other Fibromites will recognize themselves and find comfort in knowing they’re not alone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Running 'Round in Circles